List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 12:03am
Subject:Re: count ( distinct ...)
View as plain text

Benjamin> Hi.
Benjamin> On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 11:57:59AM -0700, lou@stripped wrote:
>> sql from ibm, oracle, microsoft support count(distinct ...) syntax.
>>
>> is this ansi-92 ?  do you have plans to support it some day?
>>
>> lou

Benjamin> The manual (mentioned in the footer) tells in chapter
Benjamin> "F List of things we want to add to MySQL in the future (The TODO)"
Benjamin> that this is the 10th item on the list.

Benjamin> In fact, it may come sooner, since Monty said in his mail - which you
Benjamin> can find in the mailing list archives - from Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:40:11
Benjamin> +0300 (EEST) about "MySQL 3.23 alpha released":

>> The next features that we are going to implement to the 3.23 version
>> are:
>>
>> - Temporary tables
>> - Select count(distinct)
>> - One way replication
>> - sub selects
>>
>> (In the above order)

Benjamin> Hm. Looks like the todo list is a bit out of sync?!?

Select COUNT(distinct expr [,expr,...)) and temporary tables already
works in 3.23.2; It will be released within a few days.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
count ( distinct ...)lou baker9 Jul
  • Re: count ( distinct ...)Benjamin Pflugmann9 Jul
    • Re: count ( distinct ...)Michael Widenius30 Jul
  • Re: count ( distinct ...)David Phipps9 Jul