List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 29 1999 11:47pm
Subject:Win32, MySQL and InstallShield
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tobias" == Tobias Auchter <tobias.auchter@stripped> writes:

Tobias> hello.
Tobias> i use installshield 5.5 to install an application, which uses mysql and
Tobias> odbc.

Tobias> my problem:
Tobias> installshield uses the file "_drivers.ini" to register an odbc-driver
Tobias> and
Tobias> odbc-dsn. the registration of the mysql-odbc-driver works without
Tobias> problems. but i can't add any data sources (dsn's) during the
Tobias> installation
Tobias> progress! either i get an error ("Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or
Tobias> ConfigTranslator failed sample-MySQL") or the odbc-database-setup-
Tobias> window is shown with empty fields ...
Tobias> when i add the database source manually (after the installation) it will

Tobias> all work - my application connects via odbc to the database.

Tobias> my question:
Tobias> how can i register the database automatically during the installation?
Tobias> for further information, i added the "_drivers.ini"-file ....

Tobias> with best regards
Tobias> tobi

<cut>

Hi!

Sorry, but I don't know how to do this;  If you find a solution,
please mail me!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Win32, MySQL and InstallShieldTobias Auchter9 Jul
  • Win32, MySQL and InstallShieldMichael Widenius30 Jul