List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jason Date:October 14 2001 4:56am
Subject:How to set current date using update command
View as plain text
Thanks, I am now able to have MS Word do queries.

Now is it possible to send an update command to set the current date in a
date field of each record that was selected?  Basically I want to set the
current date in a Date field of each record in order to note when the last
mailing occurred.

I am looking at the curdate() function but am unable to get it to work in an
UPDATE command.
SELECT * FROM MailList WHERE Mailed='0000-00-00'
UPDATE MailList SET Mailed=CURDATE() WHERE Mailed="0000-00-00"

I am unable to find any instance where curdate is used in an insert command.
I am also unable to find any other function or command that can do this for
me.  I am accessing through MSQuery using MyODBC.  I would like to have this
updated automatically right after the select command executes.

What's the best way to go about this?