List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Mak Date:October 11 2001 12:15am
Subject:FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processor
View as plain text
We are about to setup a dual PIII 933MHz with 1 GB of RAM machine that
will run exclusively MySQL. We're trying to decide whether to use Linux or
FreeBSD. The other guys all want to use FreeBSD since our other servers
(for web and mail) are FreeBSD, but...

I heard that it's better to use Linux instead of FreeBSD in this case,
because MySQL does not (yet) make efficient use of dual processors on
FreeBSD.

Is this true? Does anyone have some good URLs that discuss the above
statement?

Thanks.

Thread
FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorPhilip Mak11 Oct
  • Re: FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorDan Nelson11 Oct
    • Re: FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorPhilip Mak11 Oct
      • Re: FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorDan Nelson11 Oct
        • Re: FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorJeremy Zawodny11 Oct
        • Re: FreeBSD v.s. Linux on dual processorIlya Martynov12 Oct