List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 29 1999 3:47pm
Subject:Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Brandon" == Brandon Shuey <brandon@stripped> writes:

Brandon> I have a database on an Ultra10 Solaris machine.  The drive with the operating
> system failed and we had to re-install the OS.  Now
Brandon> Mysql doesn’t work correctly when called from Java.  I’m thinking that we
> should re-install mysql again and that will clear up the
Brandon> problems.  However, I don’t want to lose my database.  If I do another
> install on the same directory will it wipe my existing
Brandon> database?  (I don’t have room on the drives to backup the entire database.

Hi!

A new MySQL installation will not overwrite any old data files!
(But take a backup anyhow :)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?(Brandon Shuey)9 Jul
  • Re: Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?Dan Nelson9 Jul
  • Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?Michael Widenius29 Jul