List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Turner Date:October 10 2001 5:30am
Subject:Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??
View as plain text
> InnoDB requires you to pre-allocate a large tablespace file (like
> Oracle),
This  hasn't been the case since Oracle 7.3.2.3. Create your
datafiles with autoextend on.

Dave
which it then uses to put indices and data in.  It's also
> index-organized based on primary key, so for certain operations it's
> slower than MyISAM.
>
> BDB tables are index-organized as well, and use page-based locks
> (around 8K I think) instead of record locks like InnoDB.
>
> The primary value of MyISAM tables are their speed when selecting from
> them, since they don't support transactions and locking is so simple.
> But, beware that table data is not cached, so every query must do a
> physical read.  If you mainly do lookups on the primary key, BDB or
> InnoDB would probably be faster (they both cache index and data).
>
> Most of the pros and cons for each table type are listed in the manual.
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@stripped

Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Ryan Shrout10 Oct
  • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Dan Nelson10 Oct
  • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Ryan Shrout10 Oct
    • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Dan Nelson10 Oct
      • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??David Turner10 Oct
      • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Jeremy Zawodny10 Oct
    • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Michael Bacarella10 Oct
      • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Jeremy Zawodny10 Oct
  • Re: Last try guys! What is with the Spawning processes??Fournier Jocelyn [Presence-PC]10 Oct