List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 24 1999 12:46pm
Subject:mySQL ODBC Emulator
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan A Zdziarski <jonz@stripped> writes:

Jonathan> Has anybody considered attacking the problem of ODBC from the server
Jonathan> perspective?  I would like to dabble at the idea of running a program on
Jonathan> the server that listened on a particular port and emulated some
Jonathan> widely-supported ODBC driver (for example oracle or a MS SQL server) by
Jonathan> translating the queries and passing them onto the database.

Jonathan> If anyone is interested in looking into this with me, please email me.

Jonathan> Thank you,

Jonathan> Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Jonathan> Sr. Systems Administrator
Jonathan> Netrail, inc.
Jonathan> 888.NET.RAIL x240

Hi!

For what do you intend to use the above ?  (no offense, just curious)

For example with MySQL, all ODBC translation is done in the MySQL
server...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mySQL ODBC EmulatorJonathan A. Zdziarski24 Mar
  • mySQL ODBC EmulatorMichael Widenius24 Mar
    • Re: mySQL ODBC EmulatorJonathan A. Zdziarski24 Mar