List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Brown Date:October 5 2001 8:55pm
Subject:RE: Bizarre query performance
View as plain text
> How is your DNS, WINS,... setup?  SCO/Caldera UNIX can use DNS when you do
> not think it will.  Most SCO/Caldera tcp what ever will do a forward and
> reverse DNS look-up.  I can add entries in the MS machines in the hosts
> file location MS OS/install dependent and very times.

All machines have hard-wired IP addresses (only 3 on the test network)
and all machine names entered in /etc/hosts.

>  Also I can very
> performation if I have visionfs running and how it is configured.

VisionFS is running, default configuration.

>  What we
> need is more details on exactly how things are configured.  To many
> variables are unknown.  The details on how your MS machines are configured
> for networking is also very important.  Also I have noticed that depending
> on what MS patches I have installed I can very performance from machine to
> machine talking to the SCO boxes.

All of these networking issues would affect general query performance.
However it does not explain the erratic (yet reproducible) nature of how
different queries perform badly, or well, depending.

Thread
Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller5 Oct
        • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
          • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller6 Oct
            • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown6 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • RE: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber5 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson5 Oct
        • Re: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber6 Oct
          • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown6 Oct
            • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson7 Oct
              • Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Philip Brown8 Oct
                • Re: Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Dan Nelson10 Oct
                  • Re: Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Sinisa Milivojevic10 Oct