List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Greco Date:October 5 2001 6:53pm
Subject:Replication Retries
View as plain text
I have setup replication between two 3.23.43 servers. Replication is
working properly during normal circumstances, but when I shutdown mysql on
the master, the slave never reconnects. An entry is made in the slave's
error log stating that it will reconnect in 60 seconds, but then if I bring
the master back up in within 60 seconds, the slave does not reconnect.
Also, if I do not bring the master back up in 60 seconds, the slave just
quits. Additionally, I have set master-connect-retry to different values in
/etc/my.cnf but the entry in the error log always states that it will retry
in 60 seconds. What is going on here? Does the slave retry feature just not
work?

Here is my /etc/my.cnf file:

[mysqld]
master-host=master.gleim.com
master-user=repl
master-password=somethingorother
master-connect-retry=120
server-id=2

And here are the messages from the error log on the slave:

011005 14:41:01  mysqld started
/usr/local/mysql-3.23.43/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
011005 14:41:01  Slave: connected to master
'repl@stripped:3306',  replication started in log master-bin.005'
at position 73
011005 14:41:15  Slave: received 0 length packet from server, apparent
master shutdown:  (0)
011005 14:41:15  Slave: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry,
log 'master-bin.006' position 73
011005 14:41:15  Slave thread: error re-connecting to master: ,
last_errno=0, retry in 60 sec
011005 14:42:15  Slave thread killed during or after a reconnect done to
recover from failed read
011005 14:42:15  Slave thread exiting, replication stopped in log
master-bin.006' at position 73

____________________________________
Dave Greco
dave@stripped
Network Administrator
Gleim Publications, Inc.
(800) 87-GLEIM x312
http://www.gleim.com

Thread
Replication RetriesDave Greco5 Oct
  • Re: Replication RetriesJeremy Zawodny6 Oct
    • Re: Replication RetriesDave Greco8 Oct