List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Boyd Lynn Gerber Date:October 5 2001 6:31pm
Subject:Re: Bizarre query performance
View as plain text
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Philip Brown wrote:
> Environment:
>
> Server: SCO OpenServer V3.2 R5.0.5, AMD K6-2 350Mhz CPU, 128Mb RAM
> mySQL: 3.23.39, compiled by me to avoid use of libraries, using latest
> available pthreads

... much deleted...

> Can anyone give me some assistance with this bizarre behaviour?

How is your DNS, WINS,... setup?  SCO/Caldera UNIX can use DNS when you do
not think it will.  Most SCO/Caldera tcp what ever will do a forward and
reverse DNS look-up.  I can add entries in the MS machines in the hosts
file location MS OS/install dependent and very times.  Also I can very
performation if I have visionfs running and how it is configured.  What we
need is more details on exactly how things are configured.  To many
variables are unknown.  The details on how your MS machines are configured
for networking is also very important.  Also I have noticed that depending
on what MS patches I have installed I can very performance from machine to
machine talking to the SCO boxes.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@stripped>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044

Thread
Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller5 Oct
        • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
          • Re: Bizarre query performanceRussell Miller6 Oct
            • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown6 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • RE: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber5 Oct
  • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson5 Oct
    • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown5 Oct
      • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson5 Oct
        • Re: Bizarre query performanceBoyd Lynn Gerber6 Oct
          • RE: Bizarre query performancePhilip Brown6 Oct
            • Re: Bizarre query performanceDan Nelson7 Oct
              • Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Philip Brown8 Oct
                • Re: Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Dan Nelson10 Oct
                  • Re: Preventing Nagle with mysql (was: Bizarre query performance)Sinisa Milivojevic10 Oct