List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 23 1999 8:29pm
Subject:isamchk'ing
View as plain text
>>>>> "Brandon" == Brandon Pulsipher <Brandon@stripped>
> writes:

Brandon> We have a machine with more than a hundred databases.  If the machine should
Brandon> crash, we feel it necessary to isamchk all the databases.  Right now we do
Brandon> this with:

Brandon>      /usr/local/mysql/bin/isamchk -r -q [ISM files]

Brandon> This can take quite a long time (hours), however.  Is there a faster way to
Brandon> check these databases for errors?  Could we just a plain isamchk with
Brandon> the -q, but no -r?  Then any errors that get picked up, we would run again
Brandon> with the -r option?

Brandon> If you have any suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks.

Brandon> -Brandon

Try this:

isamchk -s -f [ISM files]

This will only run a repair if needed.

myisamchk (in MySQL 3.23.0) has a --fast option. In this case it
will ignore all tables that hasn't been changed since last check!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
isamchk'ingBrandon Pulsipher23 Mar