List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 25 1999 9:57pm
Subject:Resistance of libmysql.dll vs multithreading.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Bouton <bouton@stripped> writes:

Thomas> Hello !
Thomas> I was wondering :

Thomas> What happens if I have a multithreaded application on Win9x using
Thomas> libmysql.lib and each thread tries to request to a mysql server ?
Thomas> Could it be possible that I get the result from one query on another
Thomas> thread (e.g. thread gets killed while request is running)? Of course,
Thomas> each thread is using a different MYSQL connection.

Thomas> Tech data :
Thomas> 	Server is whatever (Linux or Win32)
Thomas>   MySql version 2.22.22 + associated libmysql

Thomas> Thanx for taking time to reply.

Hi!

If you are using different connection for each thread, all connections
should be safe.  (libmysql.lib is thread safe, with the restrictions
that two threads can't do a query at the same time on the SAME connection)

Yours,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply, but I have been vacation!
Thread
Resistance of libmysql.dll vs multithreading.Thomas Bouton8 Jul
  • Re: Resistance of libmysql.dll vs multithreading.Sasha Pachev8 Jul
  • Resistance of libmysql.dll vs multithreading.Michael Widenius29 Jul