List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Powell Date:March 24 1999 12:46am
Subject:Fw: locking
View as plain text
Right... here is the details.  Basically doing a DELETE FROM last_seen_1
crashes our database.... as follows.

bash$ my
Your MySQL connection id is 8069 to server version: 3.22.20a

Type 'help' for help.

mysql> delete from last_seen_1;
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
mysql> quit

It happens every damn time, and there are variably around 30,000 to 150,000
records in the database.... but there used to be a bigger database when we
used 3.21.16 and there was no problems doing it then.  Each of the last_seen
databases is accessed about 3 to 4 times a second, but I dont see why this
should cause a problem.  We are using --skip-locking, and there is only one
server accessing the tables at any one time.  This is running on an Ultra
Sparc 5 with 300 of its 512 Meg RAM free.

Hmm, any ideas, im confused!

Adam

Thread
Fw: lockingAdam Powell24 Mar