List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 28 1999 6:03pm
Subject:Re: Installing on NT
View as plain text
Kevin Anderson wrote:

> Hi, I downloaded the Win32 version and installed on Win98 no problem. The
> documentation says I should use mysqld-nt on NT but I didn't get that with
> my download?
>
> Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin

You downloaded the trial/shareware version of mysql.
This is an old version.
In it you only have "mysqld" and "mysqld-opt".
Both will work under NT.
"mysqld" is with debugging compiled in, therefore slow, but secure.
I would suggest to use "mysqld-opt".

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Sample perl scriptRichard Reina28 Jul
  • Re: Sample perl scriptRich Bowen28 Jul
    • Re: Sample perl scriptThimble Smith28 Jul
      • Re: Sample perl scriptPaul DuBois28 Jul
  • Installing on NTKevin Anderson28 Jul
    • Installing on NTJani Tolonen29 Jul
  • Re: Installing on NTChristian Mack28 Jul
Re: Sample perl scriptTom Cunningham28 Jul