List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 28 1999 1:57pm
Subject:Re: mysql.sock
View as plain text
At 7:30 AM -0500 7/28/99, Joe Campbell wrote:
>When mysql.sock get's deleted (don't ask), how does one replace it?  I am
>using Caldera Linux ver 2.2.  Thanks!  Joe:))

Just restart the server.  Of course, since the socket isn't around,
you can't connect using a UNIX socket, so you'll probably need to run:

	% mysqladmin -h your.fully.qualified.host.name -u root -p shutdown

Using the FQHN will cause mysqladmin to connect using a TCP connection.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread