List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan michaels Date:July 28 1999 2:10am
Subject:Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5
View as plain text
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 03:21:00PM +0300, sinisa@stripped wrote:
> jonathan michaels writes:
>  > On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 12:17:02AM +0300, sinisa@stripped wrote:
>  > > Irwin writes:
>  > >  > Tech: Please help me in my question.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I have a dbase on MS SQL 6.5 sp5. If I export this dbase to an ISP
> wh
>  > >  > MySQL ver. ???, what type of compatibility issues will I have, if
> any?
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > > For the moment, you can not use sub-selects, nor classical
>  > > transactions,  on MySQL.
>  >
>  > can i read this line to mean that 'classical transactions' may
>  > (at some time in the future) be supported ?
>  >
>  > hopeing
>  >
>  > jonathan
>  >

> Yes, but for the moment you can use table locking. It is faster. Full
> fledged transactions will be made one day, but even then, as an
> option, so that current installations do not suffer from the speed
> reduction in INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.

sinisa,

thnak you fro your reply, it is apreciated.

i will sit back and play and learn till i have a mysql that i can use,
that is meets my applications requirements.

regards

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445 Australia
===========================================================<jon@stripped>

Thread
Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5Irwin26 Jul
  • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5Sasha Pachev27 Jul
  • Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5sinisa27 Jul
    • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5jonathan michaels27 Jul
      • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5sinisa27 Jul
        • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5jonathan michaels28 Jul
        • query parserMiso Pach28 Jul
          • Re: query parserSasha Pachev28 Jul
            • Re: query parserMiso Pach29 Jul
              • Re: query parserSteve Edberg29 Jul
                • Re: query parserThimble Smith29 Jul
  • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5Van28 Jul
    • Re: Is MySQL compatible wh MS SQL 6.5sinisa28 Jul