List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:July 28 1999 2:04am
Subject:Re: Sample perl script
View as plain text
At 21:52, 19990727, Rich Bowen wrote:
>Richard Reina wrote:
>>
>> Can someone send me a very simple  perl script that connects to a mysql
>> database and modifies a table.
>
>use DBI;
>use strict;
>my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:database', 'username',
>			'password');

die "connect failed: $DBI::errstr" unless $dbh;

>my $sth = $dbh->prepare("insert into tablename
>			(fname,lname,email)
>			values
>			('Rich','Bowen','junkmail@stripped')
>			");

die "prepare failed:", $dbh->errstr unless $sth;

>$sth->execute;

$sth->execute or die "execute failed:", $sth->errstr;

$dbh->disconnect;

>That's about as simple as it gets.

That was too simple.  Also, if you're storing character data
(CHAR, VARCHAR, BLOB, etc.), don't forget to quote your values
before you insert them!  Or, use the placeholder feature of DBI
which will quote them for you.

Tim
Thread
Sample perl scriptRichard Reina28 Jul
  • Re: Sample perl scriptRich Bowen28 Jul
    • Re: Sample perl scriptThimble Smith28 Jul
      • Re: Sample perl scriptPaul DuBois28 Jul
  • Installing on NTKevin Anderson28 Jul
    • Installing on NTJani Tolonen29 Jul
  • Re: Installing on NTChristian Mack28 Jul
Re: Sample perl scriptTom Cunningham28 Jul