List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:July 28 1999 12:21am
Subject:Re: MySQL query locking up a FreeBSD server
View as plain text
You could try building a debugging version of MySQL and using
gdb to find out why the thing crashes.  It might turn up something
useful.  I've been running with FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE and MySQL 3.22.21
for a while with absolutely no crashes.  What "patches" do you mean?

I saw some recent commits to the FreeBSD threads stuff - it happened
late last week or this weekend - so if you haven't updated that
recently, and you suspect FreeBSD, it might be worth making world
again and compiling a fresh kernel.  Those updates were supposed
to fix both stability and speed issues.

Tim

At 22:12, 19990726, Craig Riter wrote:
>I am working on a site with MySQL 3.22.25 and FreeBSD
>3.1-stable.  At the start of the month we have been having
>intermittent crashes that are caused by executing some queries.
>The same query will not always crash the server and sometimes a
>query that crashed the server before will not crash it later.
>
>We have double checked all of the tables to make sure they are
>not corrupt and they aren't.  I have even copied the database
>files to another server and executed the same queries with no
>crash.
>
>At one point we thought it might be due to some threading issue
>in the OS but after applying the OS patch we still have the
>problem.
>
>Has anyone else had this same issue?  Any ideas as to what the
>problem might be would be welcome.
>
>Thanks,
>Craig
Thread
MySQL query locking up a FreeBSD serverCraig Riter27 Jul
  • MySQL query locking up a FreeBSD serversinisa27 Jul
  • Re: MySQL query locking up a FreeBSD serverThimble Smith28 Jul
  • MySQL query locking up a FreeBSD serverMichael Widenius30 Jul