List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 27 1999 6:51pm
Subject:Re: can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
Hunter Hillegas wrote:

> I have a DATE column. I set the default to NOW(") and not-null but that
> didn't work. Basically I want to date-stamp when records are inserted...

Hi Hunter

You cant set the DEFAULT of a field to a function or expression.
You just can set it to a constant value.

To get the functionality you want, you have to use the TIMESTAMP type.
Or you have to INSERT  NOW() yourself.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul