List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kent Hoover Date:September 12 2001 5:48pm
Subject:RE: Can't get MySQL to use available memory (performance very slow)
View as plain text
I believe the answer will be for you to create a single index on *just*
the cust column. (I assume that a specific cust id occurs only once or a
few times in the
whole table.) This will allow MySQL to use that index to find the small
set of records (quickly) where cust=1,
then to screen the email value against that set of records.

Cheers,

Kent
query,database

Thread
Can't get MySQL to use available memory (performance very slow)Joe Kaiping12 Sep
  • Re: Can't get MySQL to use available memory (performance very slow)Dan Nelson12 Sep
    • RE: Can't get MySQL to use available memory (performance very slow)Joe Kaiping12 Sep
      • Undefined symbol "strtoll"Amber@aspd.net12 Sep
RE: Can't get MySQL to use available memory (performance very slow)Kent Hoover12 Sep