List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:July 27 1999 5:03pm
Subject:SV: MySQL Bug?
View as plain text
>It did not like 'not null' declared before 'unsigned'.  This is not

IMHO it's perfectly logical since NOT NULL can be assigned to any column
(char, int, blob, and so on) while UNSIGNED denotes that fact that a
numerical column (i.e. not text, blob, time, and so on) is unsigned.
UNSIGNED 'belongs' to int (in this case), NOT NULL is secondary.

I do agree that I was a bit miffed the first time I encountered this
problem too but the manual lists the keywords in the right order so when
I did as it said, it worked. 8)

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design