List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 23 1999 10:22pm
Subject:Re: database backups
View as plain text
>A little off topic, I use a cron job that pipes the output of mySQL dumps
>for each installed database into PGP then gzip and finally mail which send
>the encrypted, compressed DBs OFFSITE for additional security.

Since disk is so cheap, I lock my production database tables, run mysqldump
to output to another drive, then unlock, then run gzip to compress the
snapshot.  I've only got ~50 MB in the database, so it doesn't take very
long.

Thread
database backupsDavid Johnson23 Mar
  • Re: database backupsVivek Khera23 Mar
  • Re: database backupsPeter Carter23 Mar
Re: database backupsEd Carp23 Mar
  • Re: database backupsFraser MacKenzie23 Mar
    • Re: database backups(Martin Koistinen)23 Mar
  • Re: database backupsVivek Khera24 Mar
Re: database backupsEd Carp24 Mar
Re: database backupsEd Carp24 Mar
Re: database backupsChristian Stocker24 Mar