List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Uczekaj Date:July 27 1999 4:37pm
Subject:MySQL Bug?
View as plain text
Is there a required ordering for table column attributes upon table creation?
MySQL 3.22.23b-sun-solaris2.6-sparc gave me the following error which I
'finally' fixed by reordering the spec..

mysql> create table test2(ID int not null unsigned);
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'unsigned)' at line 1
mysql> create table test2(ID int unsigned not null);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.10 sec)

It did not like 'not null' declared before 'unsigned'.  This is not intutitive
and makes me wonder what other gotchas there are, and whether there is
documentation somewhere pointing them out.

steve u.
boeing phantom works

Thread
MySQL Bug?Stephen Uczekaj27 Jul