List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 23 1999 8:13pm
Subject:Re: Duplicate Keys.
View as plain text
"Robert D. Lang CEO" wrote:

> Dear Mysql Users:  I have two primary keys in a mysql table called, " user."
> They are for host and user fields. I am having a conflict with regards to
> updating due to this. I need to remove one of the primary keys so I do not have
> a conflict when writing to the database mysql.
>
> The error message is: mysql::st execute failed: Can't write, duplicate key in
> table 'user.
>
> I am new to mysql, so I am asking what is the command line needed to remove a
> primary key from a field?
>
> --
> Sincerely, Robert D. Lang

Hi Robert

Sorry, but this seems nonsens to me.
Why do you want to use one 'user name' with the same 'from host' several times?

Removing the PRIMARY KEY will only allow you to insert a duplicate, but mysql will never
use it, because mysql selects always the
first matching entry in the priviledge tables.

Note:
You can remove a PRIMARY KEY with:
ALTER TABLE yourTable DROP PRIMARY KEY

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Duplicate Keys.Robert D. Lang CEO23 Mar
  • Re: Duplicate Keys.Christian Mack23 Mar
    • Re: Duplicate Keys.Thimble Smith23 Mar
  • Problem Solved Re: Duplicate Keys.Robert D. Lang CEO24 Mar