List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:September 7 2001 4:10pm
Subject:RE: Mysql Fulltextsearch
View as plain text
> Do the current limitations of 500 characters per index and limited (?)
> number of columns per index pose problems?  I want to use fulltext
> on a database with 7 varchar(255) columns and several smaller varchar
> columns but can't build a fulltext index.  Is there documentation on
> the limitations of fulltext?

I've had no problems, but I also haven't seen any documentation on
limitations.  The FULLTEXT page is at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/F/u/Fulltext_Search.html if you can see something
I've missed...
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG  -  erc@stripped  -  214/341-4420 -
http://www.pobox.com/~erc

Squished Mosquito, Inc.
Internet Applications Development, Database/SQL Research Directorate
Escapade Server-Side Scripting Language Development Team
http://www.squishedmosquito.com
Pensacola - Dallas - Dresden - London

Thread
Mysql FulltextsearchLorang Jacques7 Sep
Re: Mysql FulltextsearchEd Carp7 Sep
  • Re: Mysql FulltextsearchDoug Poland7 Sep
    • RE: Mysql FulltextsearchEd Carp7 Sep
      • Re: Mysql FulltextsearchDoug Poland7 Sep
    • Re: Mysql FulltextsearchSergei Golubchik13 Sep
      • Re: Mysql FulltextsearchDoug Poland13 Sep
        • Re: Mysql FulltextsearchSergei Golubchik17 Sep