List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Juergen Hoffmann Date:July 27 1999 8:17am
Subject:Re: MyODBC Install problems
View as plain text
Hi Herbert,

please make sure that the User Herbert exists in the mysql.users table...

kind regards

Juergen Hoffmann

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:46:48AM +0200, Herbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install the myodbc driver on a win95 pc in order to be able
> to access a mysql db from access97. The database can only be readable.
> When I choose connect in the myodbc manager menu I always get the
> following error message:
>
> "ODBC Error Occured - S1000: [TCX][MyODBC]Host" is not allowed to connect
> to this mysql server
>
> Here my settings:
>
> windows dsn name: neu         #not clear what I should enter here
> mysql host name: 192.168.0.2  #IP of my linux server that runs mysqld
> mysql database name: test     #database exists
> user: herbert
> port:
>
> I have inserted  a row into mysql.users where host='%'. Now everybody from
> anywhere should be allowed to access the server! But why the error message ?
>
> My test table looks this way:
> id ... int ... primary key, not null, auto increment
> login ... varchar(10) ... not null
> passwd ... varchar(8) ... not null
> time ... TIMESTAMP(14)
>
> The table contains 1000 rows !
> Can anybody of you help me, please !! I have rtfm, but they don't help ! :-(
>
> Best Regards,
>          Herbert
>

> login varchar(10) ...
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

my quote of the day:
 > : Any porters out there should feel happier knowing that DEC is shipping
 > : me an AlphaPC that I intend to try getting linux running on: this will
 > : definitely help flush out some of the most flagrant unportable stuff.
 > : The Alpha is much more different from the i386 than the 68k stuff is, so
 > : it's likely to get most of the stuff fixed.
 >
 > It's posts like this that almost convince us non-believers that there
 > really is a god.
 	-- Anthony Lovell, to Linus's remarks about porting
Thread
-O1 fix for Solaris still necessary for latest MySQL withegcs-1.1.2?Eric Maryniak18 Mar
  • -O1 fix for Solaris still necessary for latest MySQL withegcs-1.1.2?Michael Widenius18 Mar
  • Re: MyODBC Install problemsJuergen Hoffmann27 Jul