List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 5 2001 5:00pm
Subject:RE: Problem with BLOB and JPG files
View as plain text
At 6:35 PM +0200 9/5/01, Carsten H. Pedersen wrote:
>  > Hi,
>>  I'm using :
>>  - Win NT 4.0 SP6
>>  - Apache 1.3
>>  - PHP 4.05
>>  - MySQL 3.23
>>  When I try to upload JPG files, the temporay files on the server are OK.
>>  But when I store them into a BLOB field into mySQL, some images (not all)
>>  are truncated after some lines.
>>  It's like an EOF byte found ...
>>  The SQL is:
>>  $reqSQL = "UPDATE RESSOURCE SET NOM='".$fichier."'
>>  ,EXTENSION='".$extension."' ," ;
>>  $reqSQL .= " DATA=LOAD_FILE('".$ficherRessource."') WHERE
>>  ID_RESSOURCE=".$id_ressource;
>>
>>  No problem with GIF files, and small JPG.
>
>Check the value of max_allowed_packet. You will probably find that
>your images are truncated to about this size.

Does max_allowed_packed apply to values loaded with LOAD_FILE()?
The truncation might be enforced by the Web server rather than MySQL.
For example, CGI.pm has a $POST_MAX variable that controls the maximum
amount of information that can be sent back to the script.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread