List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:September 5 2001 2:25pm
Subject:Re: replication problem
View as plain text  
The slave does not have a server-id.

Duc Chau wrote:

> Hi, this is my first time posting to the list.  I've followed mysql
> replications how-tos to a tee...and I am still not able to get it to work.
> 
> the master mysql is running on a sun sparc station (SunOS 2.8) with mysql
> 3.23.41
> 
> the file /etc/my.cnf is as follows:
> 
> # The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
> [client]
> port            = 3306
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
> 
> # The MySQL server
> [mysqld]
> port            = 3306
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
> skip-locking
> set-variable    = key_buffer=16K
> set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
> set-variable    = thread_stack=64K
> set-variable    = table_cache=4
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=64K
> set-variable    = net_buffer_length=2K
> server-id       = 1
> 
> log-bin
> 
> [mysqldump]
> quick
> set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M
> 
> [mysql]
> no-auto-rehash
> 
> [isamchk]
> set-variable    = key_buffer=8M
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
> 
> [myisamchk]
> set-variable    = key_buffer=8M
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
> 
> [mysqlhotcopy]
> interactive-timeout
> 
> 
> 
> The slave is running on a compaq prescario running red hat linux 7.1 with
> MySQL (Ver 10.12 Distrib 3.23.25-beta, for pc-linux-gnu (i686))
> the file /etc/my.cnf is as follows:
> 
> # The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
> [client]
> port            = 3306
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
> 
> # The MySQL server
> [mysqld]
> master-host=$host goes here
> master-user=$user goes here
> master-password=$password goes here
> master-port=3306
> port            = 3306
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
> skip-locking
> set-variable    = key_buffer=16K
> set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
> set-variable    = thread_stack=64K
> set-variable    = table_cache=4
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=64K
> set-variable    = net_buffer_length=2K
> 
> log-bin
> 
> [mysqldump]
> quick
> set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M
> 
> [mysql]
> no-auto-rehash
> 
> [isamchk]
> set-variable    = key_buffer=8M
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
> 
> [myisamchk]
> set-variable    = key_buffer=8M
> set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
> 
> [mysqlhotcopy]
> interactive-timeout
> 
> 
> 
> Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?  After reading thru all these how
> to's it seems so easy to get.
> Would the problem be cuz i'm going from solaris to linux?  If that was the
> case though wouldnt i get errors
> importing the snapshots?  The snapshot of the master data directory imported
> just fine.  Another problem I noticed is if i put "server-id       = $any
> number here" in the slave my.cnf i get this error "/usr/sbin/mysqld:
> unrecognized option `--server-id=1'".  Any help or direction on where i can
> find an answer would be great i've read through about 5 how to's.
> 
> this is in my error log on the slave machine:
> 
> 010904 14:05:12  mysqld started
> /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections
> 010904 14:05:12  Slave thread: error connecting to master:Can't connect to
> MySQL server on 'sc-admin.admonitor.net' (111), retry in 60 sec
> 
> Number of processes running now: 0
> 010904 14:05:27  mysqld restarted
> /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections
> 010904 14:05:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:06:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> [root@dev mysql]# more dev.l90.com.err 
> 010904 14:05:12  mysqld started
> /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections
> 010904 14:05:12  Slave thread: error connecting to master:Can't connect to
> MySQL server on 'sc-admin.admonitor.net' (111), retry in 60 sec
> 
> Number of processes running now: 0
> 010904 14:05:27  mysqld restarted
> /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections
> 010904 14:05:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:06:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:07:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:08:27  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:09:28  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 010904 14:10:28  Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log
> (0)
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Before posting, please check:
>    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
>    http://lists.mysql.com/           (the list archive)
> 
> To request this thread, e-mail <mysql-thread84505@stripped>
> To unsubscribe, e-mail
> <mysql-unsubscribe-gerald_clark=suppliersystems.com@stripped>
> Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php


-- 
Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
replication problemDuc Chau4 Sep
  • Re: replication problemJeremy Zawodny4 Sep
  • Re: replication problemGerald Clark5 Sep
RE: replication problemDuc Chau4 Sep
RE: replication problemDuc Chau5 Sep
  • Re: replication problemGerald Clark5 Sep