List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Preeper Date:July 26 1999 10:29pm
Subject:Re: can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
My mistake.  In the statement
$dbh = Mysql->Connect('localhost','jerry');  # connect to db
jerry is the database not the user.
I have this script as an ssi call on a web page and when I call the page, I
get this in the error log
Mysql's message: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'jerry'
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mysql.pm line 85.
Can't call method "Query" without a package or object reference at
/www/mydomain/cgi-bin/scores.cgi line 106.

Line 106 in the script is:
$sql_r2 = $dbh->Query($sql_query);

I don't get any error messages on the web page that calls the script.

Jerry

At 03:55 PM 7/26/99 -0600, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>I don't see where you are selecting the database. Also make sure to
>check for error after every Mysql call and print the error message in
>case of failure in such a way that it will make it apparent where it
>fails.
>
>Jerry Preeper wrote:
>>
>> Here are the main snippets of code from my perl program with a bunch of
>> comments and stuff unrelated to mysql removed for brevity.  I am connecting
>> with a localhost and user (jerry) combination that had worked fine before (
>> I can do a show columns from the command line for the table and everything
>> seems fine) - I haven't changed this script (or others that don't work now)
>> since April and it was working before I noticed this problem within the
>> last few days.
>>
>> #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
>> use Mysql;             # this library required for Mysql
>> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>> .. (snip)
>> some date calculations here
>> .. (snip)
>> $dbh = Mysql->Connect('localhost','jerry');  # connect to db
>> $schedule_table = "lajolla_1999";
>> .. (snip)
>> bunch of html page printing
>> .. (snip)
>> $sql_query  = "select date_format(date, '%M %d, %Y'),away,away_score,";
>> $sql_query .= "home,home_score,";
>> $sql_query .= "from $schedule_table ";
>> $sql_query .= "where date >=$lastweek and date <=$yesterday ";
>> $sql_query .= "order by date desc";
>> $sql_r2 = $dbh->Query($sql_query);
>> while (@game_data = $sql_r2->FetchRow()) {
>> $date                    = $game_data[0];
>> $away                    = $game_data[1];
>> $away_score              = $game_data[2];
>> $home                    = $game_data[3];
>> $home_score              = $game_data[4];
>> .. (snip)
>> now print a bunch of the data above
>>
>> Jerry

>> >No, netscape has no knowledge of MySQL, and can communicate with it only
>> >indirectly through web server applications, applets, and possibly
>> >plug-ins that know how to talk to MySQL. Netscape itself will never send
>> >the authentication info for MySQL connection.

>> allowing a
> when
I run
> and
>> get
> the
> has
>> been
> seen
this

>> >Can you post the code that give you this error. It seems to me that you
>> >are sending an empty string for the user parameter when connecting to
>> >MySQL.

Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul