List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 26 1999 9:55pm
Subject:Re: can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
I don't see where you are selecting the database. Also make sure to
check for error after every Mysql call and print the error message in
case of failure in such a way that it will make it apparent where it
fails.

Jerry Preeper wrote:

> Here are the main snippets of code from my perl program with a bunch of
> comments and stuff unrelated to mysql removed for brevity.  I am connecting
> with a localhost and user (jerry) combination that had worked fine before (
> I can do a show columns from the command line for the table and everything
> seems fine) - I haven't changed this script (or others that don't work now)
> since April and it was working before I noticed this problem within the
> last few days.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
> use Mysql;             # this library required for Mysql
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> .. (snip)
> some date calculations here
> .. (snip)
> $dbh = Mysql->Connect('localhost','jerry');  # connect to db
> $schedule_table = "lajolla_1999";
> .. (snip)
> bunch of html page printing
> .. (snip)
> $sql_query  = "select date_format(date, '%M %d, %Y'),away,away_score,";
> $sql_query .= "home,home_score,";
> $sql_query .= "from $schedule_table ";
> $sql_query .= "where date >=$lastweek and date <=$yesterday ";
> $sql_query .= "order by date desc";
> $sql_r2 = $dbh->Query($sql_query);
> while (@game_data = $sql_r2->FetchRow()) {
> $date                    = $game_data[0];
> $away                    = $game_data[1];
> $away_score              = $game_data[2];
> $home                    = $game_data[3];
> $home_score              = $game_data[4];
> .. (snip)
> now print a bunch of the data above
>
> Jerry
>
> At 03:18 PM 7/26/99 -0600, Sasha Pachev wrote:
> >Stuart D Jackson wrote:
> >>
> >>         Might it have something to do with the fact that netscape (and
> >> other browsers) like to do stuff (like ftp) as anonymous instead of a
> >> regular user?
> >>
> >> -Stuart
> >
> >No, netscape has no knowledge of MySQL, and can communicate with it only
> >indirectly through web server applications, applets, and possibly
> >plug-ins that know how to talk to MySQL. Netscape itself will never send
> >the authentication info for MySQL connection.

> allowing a
> for
> run
> seems
> get
> in
> been
> this
> >> >

> >Can you post the code that give you this error. It seems to me that you
> >are sending an empty string for the user parameter when connecting to
> >MySQL.

> >--
> >Sasha Pachev
> >http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
> >http://www.direct1.com/ (work)

Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul