List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Preeper Date:July 26 1999 9:20pm
Subject:Re: can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
I don't think so because I had been using mysql from the web browser as
recent as about three weeks ago (and on and off for about 6-9 months) and
it was working fine, connecting through localhost in my cgi scripts.  Two
weeks ago I rebooted the machine to replace a backup hard drive, otherwise
nothing else has changed that I'm aware of since the last time it was
running from the web.

Jerry

>	Might it have something to do with the fact that netscape (and
>other browsers) like to do stuff (like ftp) as anonymous instead of a
>regular user?
>
>-Stuart
>
>On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Jerry Preeper wrote:
>
>> This seems weird but I just noticed that the mysql daemon wasn't allowing a
>> connection from the web browser with the error message "Access denied for
>> user: '@localhost' to database..." in the error log.  However, when I run
>> mysql mysql from the command line (or for any database) everything seems
>> fine and I can run commands without a problem.  I tried restarting and get
>> the same problem.   I haven't changed any users or anything like that, in
>> fact I hadn't even used it in a couple of weeks.  I just checked the
>> version and I'm running Ver 9.27 Distrib 3.22.14b-gamma, for
>> unknown-freebsd2.2.6 (i386) on FreeBSD 2.2.8-stable (and yes mysql has been
>> running since after we upgraded to 2.2.8-stable).  Anyone ever seen this
>> and have any ideas on how to fix it.
>>
>> Jerry

Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul