List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:September 4 2001 1:44pm
Subject:3.23 and DELETRE FROM very long.
View as plain text
Bonjour,

  With  3.22  I  used to do some queries like "DELETE FROM TABLE". And
  this was very rapid as Mysql only deletes and re-create the files.

  I  knew  that  DELETE  was  very  long with InnoDB because it has to
  clear all the table space used by the table from which you DELETE.

  But I'm surprised to see that it's very long with MyISAM too !

  When   I   do   a  "DELETE  FROM TABLE" (without any where) on a big
  table,  it  takes  many  minutes.  And if I look at the table files,
  while the table is empty, the files are still very big.

  The only way to reduce space used by the table is OPTIMIZE.

  Is this normal ? Is this a difference between ISAM an MyISAM ? I saw
  no notice about that in the documentation ...

  Regards,
  Alex.

Thread
InnoDB and Multithread심충보13 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB and MultithreadJeremy Zawodny13 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB and MultithreadSinisa Milivojevic13 Aug
  • selection from multiple tables;muruganandam25 Aug
    • 3.23 and DELETRE FROM very long.BAUMEISTER Alexandre4 Sep
  • Re: selection from multiple tables;Charles Williams25 Aug
RE: InnoDB and MultithreadCHARLEY13 Aug
Re: 3.23 and DELETRE FROM very long.Sinisa Milivojevic4 Sep
  • Re: 3.23 and DELETRE FROM very long.Michael Widenius6 Sep
    • Access deniedSystem Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem6 Sep
Re: 3.23 and DELETRE FROM very long.Heikki Tuuri4 Sep