List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 26 1999 9:18pm
Subject:Re: can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
Stuart D Jackson wrote:

>         Might it have something to do with the fact that netscape (and
> other browsers) like to do stuff (like ftp) as anonymous instead of a
> regular user?
>
> -Stuart

No, netscape has no knowledge of MySQL, and can communicate with it only
indirectly through web server applications, applets, and possibly
plug-ins that know how to talk to MySQL. Netscape itself will never send
the authentication info for MySQL connection.

> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Jerry Preeper wrote:
>
> > This seems weird but I just noticed that the mysql daemon wasn't allowing a
> > connection from the web browser with the error message "Access denied for
> > user: '@localhost' to database..." in the error log.  However, when I run
> > mysql mysql from the command line (or for any database) everything seems
> > fine and I can run commands without a problem.  I tried restarting and get
> > the same problem.   I haven't changed any users or anything like that, in
> > fact I hadn't even used it in a couple of weeks.  I just checked the
> > version and I'm running Ver 9.27 Distrib 3.22.14b-gamma, for
> > unknown-freebsd2.2.6 (i386) on FreeBSD 2.2.8-stable (and yes mysql has been
> > running since after we upgraded to 2.2.8-stable).  Anyone ever seen this
> > and have any ideas on how to fix it.

Can you post the code that give you this error. It seems to me that you
are sending an empty string for the user parameter when connecting to
MySQL.

> > Jerry

Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul