List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 3 2001 11:10pm
Subject:Re: install under /usr/local/WWW/www.domain.org/mysql ?
View as plain text
At 10:59 PM +0200 9/3/01, Chris Hayes wrote:
>dear people,
>our ISP asks us to install MySQL ourselves on our own domain.
>This means i need to install it on
>  /usr/local/WWW/www.domain.org/mysql
>(on FreeBSD 4.0.1) as a non-root user, using the usual username and password.
>
>If this is possible, which i assume it must be, WHERE can i find information
>on how to do this?

Use a source distribution and configure it like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/WWW/www.domain.org/mysql

plus any other flags you might normally use with configure on FreeBSD.
(see the installation chapter of the MySQL manual for any FreeBSD-specific
information.

>thanks,
>Chris
>please cc: chayes@stripped
>

>PS anyone knows whether we can override the PHP3 on the server with our own
>PHP4 section?

If the ISP allows you to install MySQL, presumably you can install PHP
as well.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread