List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:July 26 1999 8:51pm
Subject:Re: installing MyODBC problems....
View as plain text
At 23:32, 19990726, Sinisa@stripped wrote:
>Sanjeeb K Bhuyan writes:
> > Hi Tim,
> >    Thanx for the help..i really,really appreciate it. I took u'r
> > advice and created a lib directory..it went further this time,but i then got
> > another ....
> > in the iodbc directory,when i do a make....
> >
> > gcc -G -L/export/home/mysql-3.22.25/client/.libs/mysql catalog.o connect.o
> execute.o info.o myodbc.o options.o prepare.o results.o transact.o utility.o dll.o  -o
> /export/home/mysql-3.22.25/client/.libs/mysql/libmyodbc_mysql.so -ldl -lsocket -lnsl
> -lmysqlclient -lmysys -lmystrings -ldbug -lm -lgcc
> /export/home/mysql-3.22.25/client/.libs/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
> > /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ld: cannot open -lmysys: No such file or
> directory
>
>Hi!
>
>For some reason mysys library in MySQL was not built.
>
>Please try to rebuild MySQL so that you could rebuilt it.

Or, maybe it is built but it's not in
/export/home/mysql-3.22.25/client/.libs/mysql
Make sure that you have a file called "libmysys.??", where ?? is
"a" or "so" or "so.3" or something like that, inside that directory.
If not, try to find that file somewhere on your machine, and somehow
add the directory where you found it to the Makefile for whatever you
are trying to compile.

I'm concerned for your well being, though.  It seems like you are
having troubles that should not appear.  I remember many things
going wrong when trying to compile programs under Solaris, because
there are several different versions of the various tools (compiler,
linker, assembler, pre-processor, etc.).  Make sure your PATH is
set so that only the tools you want to use will be found.  I.e., you
probably don't want "/usr/ccs/bin" in your PATH, except for near the
very end.  But - it's been a long time since I worked on Solaris, so
maybe if you could find your system administrator and have her look
at the problem for you, it would help out.

Tim
Thread
MySQL and Apache; compiling Apache with the auth_mysql moduleJonathan18 Mar
  • Re: installing MyODBC problems....Thimble Smith26 Jul
RE: MySQL and Apache; compiling Apache with the auth_mysql modulePatrik Forsberg18 Mar
  • Re: installing MyODBC problems....()27 Jul
    • Re: installing MyODBC problems....Thimble Smith27 Jul