List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Preeper Date:July 26 1999 8:04pm
Subject:can't access mysql from web - command link ok
View as plain text
This seems weird but I just noticed that the mysql daemon wasn't allowing a
connection from the web browser with the error message "Access denied for
user: '@localhost' to database..." in the error log.  However, when I run
mysql mysql from the command line (or for any database) everything seems
fine and I can run commands without a problem.  I tried restarting and get
the same problem.   I haven't changed any users or anything like that, in
fact I hadn't even used it in a couple of weeks.  I just checked the
version and I'm running Ver 9.27 Distrib 3.22.14b-gamma, for
unknown-freebsd2.2.6 (i386) on FreeBSD 2.2.8-stable (and yes mysql has been
running since after we upgraded to 2.2.8-stable).  Anyone ever seen this
and have any ideas on how to fix it.

Jerry

Thread
can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okStuart D Jackson27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
    • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okSasha Pachev27 Jul
      • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okJerry Preeper27 Jul
        • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okThimble Smith27 Jul
Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okHunter Hillegas27 Jul
  • Re: can't access mysql from web - command link okChristian Mack27 Jul