List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:August 30 2001 10:21pm
Subject:Re: Installation on Solaris questions
View as plain text
At 12:30 PM -0700 8/30/01, Sujay Daniel wrote:
>I'm a newbie to Unix and MySQL. I have a few
>questions.
>
>With 'uname -a' I got the following message
>
>SunOS xxxx@stripped 5.7 Generic_106541-06 sun4u sparc
>SUNW,Ultra-1
>
>Can i install mysql-3.23.41-sun-solaris2.8-sparc in
>it.
>
>Theres no installation instructions for Unix/Solaris
>machines in the Documentation page.

Evidently you didn't see

	http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/o/Solaris.html

I'd suspect using a 2.8 binary on a 2.7 system might cause problems,
but it shouldn't hurt to test it...

There are also older binaries (including some for Solaris 2.7) at

	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/MySQL-3.23/

Lastly, you could always compile it yourself from source...t'aint that hard!

	-steve

--
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |