List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Pulsipher Date:March 23 1999 5:24pm
Subject:isamchk'ing
View as plain text
We have a machine with more than a hundred databases.  If the machine should
crash, we feel it necessary to isamchk all the databases.  Right now we do
this with:

     /usr/local/mysql/bin/isamchk -r -q [ISM files]

This can take quite a long time (hours), however.  Is there a faster way to
check these databases for errors?  Could we just a plain isamchk with
the -q, but no -r?  Then any errors that get picked up, we would run again
with the -r option?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks.

-Brandon

Thread
isamchk'ingBrandon Pulsipher23 Mar
  • isamchk'ingMichael Widenius24 Mar