List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 30 2001 7:03pm
Subject:Re: Virtualizing MySQL
View as plain text
Two problems.
The clients don't have access to the databases, the server does.

Chrooted clients will not be able to read and write the named pipe
unless it is in their new root structure.

Mustafa Hashmi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in the process of creating a Virtual Server - and pretty much all
> aspects have been completed to my liking. This includes web / mail / ftp and
> ssh.
>
> The next hurdle is virtualizing MySQL, and I would like to do this by
> sharing the same MySQL server across multiple chrooted clients. This way,
> they can have unlimied databases / tables under their userID without looking
> at, or disrupting, any of the other clients in their chroot.
>
> I am also rather new to this, so please feel free to point me to a URL which
> may help. I've tried though - couldn't find anything relevant to my cause.
>
> I appreciate your time.
>
> Cheers,
> Mustafa.

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
Virtualizing MySQLMustafa Hashmi30 Aug
  • Re: Virtualizing MySQLGerald Clark30 Aug
    • any sequence generator function?Jaime Teng30 Aug
  • Re: Virtualizing MySQLMustafa Hashmi30 Aug
    • Re: Virtualizing MySQLJoshua J. Kugler30 Aug
  • Re: Virtualizing MySQLMustafa Hashmi30 Aug
    • Re: Virtualizing MySQLKyle Hayes31 Aug
  • Re: any sequence generator function?Gerald Clark30 Aug
  • Re: any sequence generator function?Chris Johnson31 Aug
  • Re: Virtualizing MySQLMustafa Hashmi6 Sep