List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 30 2001 5:02pm
Subject:Re: Error adding tables, databases, or records
View as plain text
perror 28
Error code 28:  No space left on device

Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> I have a deployment of mySQL 3.23.26-beta running on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.
> I am running 3 databases off of a single mySQL server.
> In one particular database I am unable to insert records - the process just
> hangs.
> My intuition would tell me that maybe something is corrupted in the index.
> Since I have no problem whatsoever selecting records from the database, I
> thought I would create a new table with the same schema and copy the records
> over.
> HOWEVER, although I am logged in as root and root has full priviledges in
> the user table, I am unable to either create new databases or add new
> tables.  This is getting extremely frustrating.
> Below is a sample of the results:
>

> mysql> use aplcore
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
> Database changed
> mysql> create table test (ID int);
> ERROR 3: Error writing file './aplcore/test.frm' (Errcode: 28)
> mysql>
>
> I have set the access rights for the aplcore directory under mySQL to 776 to
> make sure it was not an access issue.
> Any help will be deeply appreciated - this needs to be resolved ASAP.
>
> Also, I am logged in as the superuser account.

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
Error adding tables, databases, or recordsBenjamin Krajmalnik30 Aug
  • Re: Error adding tables, databases, or recordsjoseph.bueno30 Aug
  • RE: Error adding tables, databases, or recordsBenjamin Krajmalnik30 Aug
    • Re: Error adding tables, databases, or recordss. keeling30 Aug
  • Re: Error adding tables, databases, or recordsGerald Clark30 Aug