List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 28 2001 1:33pm
Subject:Re: strange problems with MySQL db
View as plain text
When the temp directory runs out of space, the thread executing will
wait for space to become free.
If you kill the server, this client has not closed the table properly.

How do you determine that the server "crashed" ?
If it stopped responding, maybe it is just waiting for space to become
available.  Killing it at this point may crash a table.