List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 27 2001 8:38pm
Subject:RE: Choosing between Databases.
View as plain text
At 1:23 PM -0700 8/27/01, Sheena Sidhu wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>    Thanks for responding. I am not sure if I understand you fully here. SO
>you mean to say that  BDB DOES support SQL, meaning that I send statements
>like 'Select * from user' to a BDB table from my C++ code? If that is
>possible, then great. If not, then kindly let me know if Innodb has the same
>issue?

You're not interacting directly with the BDB or InnoDB table handlers.
You're interacting with the MySQL server.  You send the server SQL
statements, it performs the appropriate translation from SQL onto the
operations supported by the table handlers.  It doesn't matter whether
the table handlers understand SQL as long as the MySQL server does -- which
it does.

You can easily convince yourself of this by writing a C++ program that
talks to the MySQL server to manipulate a BDB table.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread