List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:March 23 1999 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Group By vs. Order By
View as plain text
Hello All,

I did some more searching on the net and found the following in the "Oracle
7 Reference Manual"

You can use the GROUP BY clause to group selected rows and return a single
row of summary information. ORACLE collects each group of rows based on
the values of the expression(s) specified in the GROUP BY clause.

Which is what I got, but did not realize what it was :)

The manual is online at:
  http://info-it.umsystem.edu/oracle/svslr/svslr.1.toc.html

I contains "a lot" of stuff which "does not apply" to MySQL, but has some
handy definitions and examples which "do apply" to MySQL.

Thanks,
Barry.

Thread
Group By vs. Order ByBarry23 Mar