List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:March 23 1999 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Group By vs. Order By
View as plain text
Hello All,

I did some more searching on the net and found the following in the "Oracle
7 Reference Manual"

You can use the GROUP BY clause to group selected rows and return a single
row of summary information. ORACLE collects each group of rows based on
the values of the expression(s) specified in the GROUP BY clause.

Which is what I got, but did not realize what it was :)

The manual is online at:

I contains "a lot" of stuff which "does not apply" to MySQL, but has some
handy definitions and examples which "do apply" to MySQL.

Group By vs. Order ByBarry23 Mar
Re: Group By vs. Order ByBarry23 Mar