List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:July 26 1999 1:38pm
Subject:Re: insert into an indexed table
View as plain text
On Mo, 1999-07-26 05:47:12 -0700, Paul Salaberria wrote:
> I have an indexed table with around 1 million rows. Using LOAD DATA INFILE
> the loading is taking around 30-45 minutes on my present server. The final
> version of the database will have 100 million rows, and needs to be
> re-populated once a week.
>
> What is the fastest method of populating the table from a .csv file ?

You could drop the indexes before the inserts and the add them again.

This should speed up the inserts quite much, and adding the indexes
later on again should/could be faster than having them updated all the
time during the inserts.

Untested myself ... so I might be wrong.

Regards,
  Martin
insert into an indexed tablePaul Salaberria26 Jul
  • Re: insert into an indexed tableMartin Ramsch26 Jul
    • Re: insert into an indexed tableMichael Widenius2 Aug
      • Re: insert into an indexed tableChris J. DiBona2 Aug