List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeffrey Dickens Date:March 23 1999 3:18pm
Subject:getting DBD::mysql to work on SCO, again
View as plain text
I read through some notes on this in the archive, but I'm still missing something.

As I understand it, I need to build a perl with DBI and DBD::mysql linked into it. I think
I have perl built with DBI but not yet with the other. Anyone else done this ?

My end goal here is to get wwwthreads V3 working on my SCO Open Server V5.0.4 system.

I first installed Perl, Mysql and GCC from the SCO Skunkware distribution. They all work
fine by themselves.

The Skunkware perl is compiled under gcc, but doesn't seem to include dynamic loading.

I built the DBI, Data::Dumper and Data::Showtable modules and installed them with no
trouble (using gcc). In the DBI directory, I did a "make perl" and then installed that
version of perl. So DBI is statically linked into Perl, right ?

I then built the Msql-Mysql-Modules V1.2017. "make" goes fine, "make test" fails like
this:

failed: Can't load '.././blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: dynamic
linker: /usr/bin/perl: relocation error: symbol not found: getrusage at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00404/i486-pc-sco3.2v5.0/DynaLoader.pm line 166.

Am I stuck ? Am I ever going to get this working with the Skunkware perl ?

I've built perl successfully using the SCO cc, but it doesn't build with gcc for some
reason (another note). Also that still won't get me dynamic loading, will it ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-Jeff

Jeff Dickens
Software Tools Engineer
ERS Boxboro (978) 264-2832

Thread
getting DBD::mysql to work on SCO, againJeffrey Dickens23 Mar