List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 24 1999 2:21pm
Subject:Re: referential integrity
View as plain text
At 8:18 AM -0500 7/24/99, Patric de Waha wrote:
>Hi,
>	I suppose this will be a newbee question, so it shouldn't be that
>difficult to help me :)))
>
>	Ok now that I looked trough the whole mysql documentation for some
>hundreds of hours,
>	I still don't know what I need to do to implement referential
>integrity..
>	Should I use foreign keys blabl or not!?!?!?

Come now.  You couldn't have looked through the documentation for
hundreds of hours or you would have discovered in Chapter 5 of
the Reference Manual that referential integrity and foreign keys
do not exist in MySQL.

Check this:
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Compatibility.html

and see the "Missing functionality" section.  No need to bang
your head against the wall for nothing. :-)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread