List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 24 1999 2:10pm
Subject:Re: How does particular user use particular db?
View as plain text
At 10:53 PM -0500 7/23/99, park seoung hong wrote:
>hi? I am Park.
>
>mysql-db has db and user tables.
>db-table has Host:localhost,db:webbbs and user:nobody.
>user-table has Host:locahost,User:nobody.
>
>My question is why nobody can connect with another db as well as webbbs.
>I would like to make nobody connect with only webbbs(db name).
>Please let me know how to do.

It's difficult to say without knowing what else is in your grant
tables.  It's also not clear what you're asking.  Do you mean that
nobody can connect to *any* other database, or just that there are
some databases other than webbbs that nobody can connect to?

Also, by "nobody", do you mean a user with an explicit name of "nobody"
or do you mean the anonymous user (no user name)?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread