List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:July 24 1999 5:39am
Subject:MySQL and big players. was Re: Fw: Issue of shutting down MySQL
View as plain text
> Amyn Pirani wrote:
> >
> > Hi !
> >  My name is Amyn Pirani work as an consultant for IBM. I have the following
> > question regarding mySQL.
> >

> Hey, IBM is also playing with MySQL, or it looks like they are doing
> something serious with it :-)

     My weblogs indicate that a LOT of big name companies have people who
are at least well aware of MySQL (i. e. they've dl'd my driver).  Now
quite likely in most cases it's individual progr's "playing".  But the
number of repeat dl's indicate that in a lot of those cases that interest
is ongoing, but whether it's being used for production I can't tell.

                                                        -- TWZ

| Copyright 1999 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|           War is harmful to children and other living things.           |

Fw: Issue of shutting down MySQLAmyn Pirani23 Jul
  • Re: Fw: Issue of shutting down MySQLSasha Pachev24 Jul
    • MySQL and big players. was Re: Fw: Issue of shutting down MySQLTerrence W. Zellers24 Jul