List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:August 16 2001 9:35pm
Subject:Re: Opps: Proper Case NOT lower case
View as plain text
If by 'proper case' you mean what I call 'title case' - First word
capitalized, conjunctions etc. in lower case, last word capitalized -
I posted a PHP script for just that a few days ago:

It sounds like you're using PHP - version 4, I hope.

At 1:48 PM -0600 8/16/01, Keith Spiller wrote:
>-Opps:  I meant to say I would like to convert to Proper Case,
>rather than lower case or UPPER CASE.
>I'm reading data from a mysql table that is entirely in uppercase
>letters.  I'd very much like to convert them
>to Proper Case.  After searching a while, I found that there is are
>php commands to convert text strings between
>upper and lower case, but I was unable to find anything that can
>convert to proper case.
>Does any one know of a way to do this, or a script that will
>accomplish it?  Or, is there a mysql command
>that can handle the matter for me?

| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                               Computer Consultant |
Opps: Proper Case NOT lower caseKeith Spiller16 Aug
  • Re: [PHP-DB] Opps: Proper Case NOT lower caseB. van Ouwerkerk16 Aug
  • Re: Opps: Proper Case NOT lower caseSteve Edberg16 Aug
  • Re: Proper Case NOT lower caseGerald Jensen17 Aug