List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 23 1999 9:03pm
Subject:Re: Fw: Issue of shutting down MySQL
View as plain text
Amyn Pirani wrote:

> Hi !
>  My name is Amyn Pirani work as an consultant for IBM. I have the following
> question regarding mySQL.

Hey, IBM is also playing with MySQL, or it looks like they are doing
something serious with it :-)

Sounds like it is a TechConnect issue. Not sure what it does, exactly,
but a typical way to check if a process is running is ps | grep
<process_name> , or if it is written with the idea that other
applications would care to know if it is running, it might leave a lock
file. Check the TechConnect documentation to be sure.